Thursday, February 1, 2007

Black History Month Kick Off



In honour of Black History Month I've decided to commit each of the 28 days (thank God its short month) to post something relevant to Black History. No big right ups, essay or whatever just a name, an event and also (hopefully) a picture to go with it. It'll make more sense when you see it.

Now my intentions by doing this is not to be political (even though some will argue it is regardless), take sides or cause whatever negative feeling someone somewhere who's still doesn't understand the reason for this month might be feeling (that's your issue). I'm just a man who understands the importance of a legacy and if I were to make the same kind of contributions as the people I'm going to post (or anyone else with a positive legacy), I would hope while I'm rotting in my grave (assuming you the reader doesn't believe in an afterlife) the generation after me would do the same (Karma bitch!).

I'm no huge fan of T.I. but he's got a track I like called "Live In The Sky" where there's a line I like even more where he says, "...But it ain't how I live when I'm here it's how I live when I leave ya dig" (I'm sure he bit it from somewhere else).

No comments: