Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Black Men Stand Up!



Assuming you've checked out the video, here are my own comments...

*Licks shot in the air* All I can say is WOORRDDD UP!

Let that serve as a middle finger to NY, Washington Post and any other punk ass publication that kept spitting out wittings with "facts and figures" about how screwed up Black Men were (ex: 'Marriage Is for White People', Plight Deepens for Black Men, Studies Warn, or just Google "Ni&&az aint sh*t").

This is for all those articles I kept reading and ingesting as the truth in spite of the fact that none of those statistics presented applied to me on a personal level. I'm not trying to say brothas as a collective don't need to work things out (yeah some of us are f*cked up! might need Jesus) but I do know the "good"/"positive" (to each his own on that definition) do not deserve to be unacknowledged....Just sayin...

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, here is the rest of the details to the video you just watched.

*Puts on "Brothers Gonna Work It Out" by Public Enemy*

No comments: