Monday, December 18, 2006

Got What for Cheap?

Amongst the many albums released this year that I've enjoyed (top 3 is definitely Nas, Game and Jay-Z) , I have to say that I was impressed with Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury (considering I was never a fa). Yo! those dudes converted me to a believer! Why, cause they can rhyme...intelligently (something that's been missing in this rap thing for a while but that's another story don't get me started).

But on a different topic, the real reason why I'm posting this is to ask to those who are fan of the group if they could break down the song "We Got it for Cheap (track #1)? " I have this nasty habit of reading in to things so I don't really trust my interpretations of the song.

I'm taking a guess but are they talking about their talent as (as in, "I got it easy") and the re-up? If so how does it relate to this verse below (which btw, gets my vote as one of the many Hip Hop quotetable on the album) :


"The wall's removed and now I see/My leg was pulled the jokes on me/So hearthbreakin' like loving a whore/Might hurt you once but never no more"

-- Malice

No comments: