Saturday, December 16, 2006

Racism or a Convenient Coincidence?


As I was cleaning out my recycling bin like I do on most Saturday morning where I'm not recovering from the night before (don't judge me!), I noticed a stack (probably 20) sheets of clip out coupons from the Dixie Lee Fried Chicken Restaurant. The first thought that came to mind was how strange it was for me to get so many coupons from the same company. Maybe another second goes by and I started to reflect on whether this was either an interesting coincidence that I would get so much promotions from these people when you consider. And finally my brain (flashbacking to the Kramer incident) couldn't stop wondering whether my Cracka Ass Cracka newspaper carrier was trying to tell me something and plot my demise by giving me an incentive to stuff my fat face and arteries with this delicious fried but poisonous poultry. When I finally reached the, "Ah hellz no!" no point, my rational side kicked in and wondered whether this Black people loving fried Chicken Stereotype was even held by most White Canadians (cause on the real, the only time I've ever heard about this idea was from watching Black American Comedians). Then I asked myself whether my newspaper carrier was even white? and if he was how did he know I was Black (I don't remember checking off that box when I subscribed to the Citizen)? Hmmm so many thoughts, so many emotions and so many desired responses.

Long story short I find myself with the following dilemma...

Do I:
  1. Jump to conclusion, wake up Monday at 6am to catch up with my Newspaper carrier (assuming he's white) and whoop his ass while bumping X Clan's track Outrage?
  2. Jump to conclusion, wake up Monday at 6am to catch up with my Newspaper carrier (assuming he's white) and whoop his ass while bumping Public Enemy's track Fight the Power?
  3. Jump to conclusion but let it slide and take advantage of all that great savings?
  4. Accept it all as a series of un-related, coincidental random events, throw away the sheets (while keeping two cause I don't cook) and blog about it?

Pray for me...lol

No comments: